The venue for the monthly meetings is at St. Lawrence Church Hall in Brown’s Lane, Effingham,
KT24 5NL. Please see map below.
We meet 7.30 pm for an 8.00pm meeting start.
Talks are generally held on the second Monday of each month apart from the Game fishing season & high summer (meetings are not held June, July nor August).
Click here for the WhatThreeWords link, or copy & paste the three words with commas to your device:
Directions to the venue:
- Travelling via the A246 (Epsom Road), go past Effingham Golf Club (on Right) to Traffic lights
- At the Traffic lights
- Turn left down The Street
- Go past shops and Post Office on the left and look out for a white fronted building on the right
- Turn Right here into Crossways* (this leads to Browns Lane) (1st turning)
- Turn Right into Browns lane
- Drive past the Church on the left
- The Church Hall is further up on the left, towards the top of the hill
- The Hall is by the car park
*Crossways is a narrow lane, so Route via Cobham may be preferred in the dark
- Proceed through the Traffic lights (see above)
- Take the next turn on the left into Browns Lane
- Proceed down the lane until you see St. Lawrence Church Hall on the right.
From Cobham, A3 etc.:
- Proceed along Howard Road (near to Effingham Junction railway station)
- Howard road changes to Effingham Common Road past the Station
- Proceed up this road (approximately 1 to 1.5 miles) until a small #roundabout (close to buildings and large Pub beyond roundabout on left)
- Take first exit on left into Lower Road (do not pass the Pub on the left)
- Proceed up a slight hill for a short distance and take 1st turn Right into Church Street
- Proceed up Church Street (past the church on left) and continue to Brown’s Lane
- The Church Hall is on the left
The roads leading to the Church Hall are all residential and are likely to have many cars parked at the side of the road. Driving along this road in the dark can be a little tricky!
A small selection of drinks, biscuits & sweets are usually available at the monthly meetings, for which a nominal charge is asked. There is also normally a raffle with donated prizes!