The venue for the monthly meetings is at St. Lawrence Church Hall in Brown’s Lane, Effingham, KT24 5NL from 7.30 pm for an 8.00pm meeting start. (There is another booking prior to 7.30pm, so access to the Hall is not available).
It is very close to Effingham Golf Club, our original venue.
Directions to the venue:
- Travelling via the A246 (Epsom Road), go past Effingham Golf Club (on Right) to Traffic lights
- Turn left down The Street
- Go past shops and PO on left and look out for a white fronted building on the right
- Turn Right here into Crossways (this leads to Browns Lane)
- Turn Right into Browns lane
- The Church Hall is on the left, towards the top of the hill
- There is a middle size car park
- The Hall is by the car park
- Proceed through the Traffic lights
- Take the next turn on the left into Browns Lane
- Proceed down the lane until you see St. Lawrence Church Hall on the right.
From Cobham, A3 etc.:
- Proceed along Howard Road (near to Effingham Junction railway station)
- Howard road changes to Effingham Common Road past the Station
- Proceed up this road (approximately 1 to 1.5 miles) until a small roundabout (close to buildings and large Pub on left)
- Take first exit on left into Lower Road (do not pass the Pub on the left)
- Proceed up a slight hill for a short distance and turn Right into Church Street
- Proceed up Church Street (past the church on left) and continue to Brown’s Lane
- The Church Hall is on the left
The roads leading to the Church Hall are all residential and are likely to have many cars parked at the side of the road. Driving along this road in the dark is a little tricky!
A basic range of refreshments are available at monthly meetings, for which a nominal charge is requested. Tea and Coffee is provided, with a small selection of alcoholic drinks.